Green Brook Academy is a state approved private school for students ages six through twenty-one (6-21) located in Bound Brook, New Jersey. We are currently accepting referrals for students ages ten through twenty one (10-21). Our program is designed for students in need of individualized attention for significant emotional and behavioral disabilities. With the help of our specially trained staff, students are given the opportunity to modify their behavior by developing the necessary social skills to allow them to realize success in their future. Students may complete their formal grade school education at Green Brook Academy, or return to their district schools when ready.
Students experience success at Green Brook Academy through:
- Individualized instruction matched to their needs, strengths, abilities and interests.
- Educational Testing two times per year.
- An emotional/therapeutic support system which includes individual and group therapy provided by our professional New Jersey Department of Education School Certified Counseling Staff.
- An individually designed life skills transition plan that helps students deal with the passage from student life to adulthood.
- 35 minute class periods to offer our students the opportunity to feel like they are in a regular high school/middle school environment.
- Small class sizes with Hiqhly Qualified New Jersey Department of Education School Certified Teachers and Paraprofessionals, and a staff to student ratio of one staff to every three students.
- A four building urban campus, including a gym.
- Speech Therapy as needed per IEP.